Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

Is a 33K miles 2003 Ford Thunderbird in excellent condition

Is a 33K miles 2003 Ford Thunderbird in excellent condition a good buy @ $18,000?
Hello and thank you for your question, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today.

Yes a 2003 with only 33,000 miles is a very fair buy as they do hold there value
. Kelly blue Book list the retail price at $19,995 and if your buying it from an individual its usually a bit less. That being said, its always a good idea to have a pre-purchase inspection done to be sure the car is in good shape and there are no hidden problem. I have enclose the Kelly pricing below.

If you have more questions and or need more information, please let me know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

As far as you know, were there any particular problems with this 2003 year model? I have a 94 Mark VIII that's great except every few months the alarm just starts blaring while parked.

About the only problem that stands out on the 2003 was the heater, they had known issues with the duel coolant control valve failing and usually require replacement. Other wise there a great car and hold there value real well.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

About how much cost to replace duel coolant control valve on 2003 T-Bird?

The Duel coolant control valve list for $288 and it calls for 2.9 hours to install but due to the age of the car, its very likely its been replaced already. When you road test it make sure the heater blows hot on both the left and right vent and you should be fine.