EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

How can I permanantly disconnect the factory alarm system on

How can I permanantly disconnect the factory alarm system on my E350 SuperDuty Van?

Eric :

Hi. Are you the original owner of this E-350? Because in 2006 Ford did not offer a factory alarm system. The vehicle did not even come with the passive anti-theft system of programmable keys.

Eric :

You may have an aftermarket alarm system, or a dealer installed alarm as an accessory.

Customer:

On the window it says Equipped with Ford Anti-Theft System

Customer:

I am not the original owner.... I just bought it used.

Eric :

Can you look up under the dash and look for either a small on/off switch or button? Or also look for an alarm system control module.

Customer:

Problem is, and why I want to disable it, is while I'm driving the horn intermittently beeps a few times. It's annoying. It also seems to set automatically. The keyfob is aftermarket though.

Customer:

I have look under the dash and can't make out anything... no switches or anything.

Customer:

The keyfob has lock/unlock on it, although the van doesn't have any power locks. So, pushing the unlock twice shuts off the alarm.

Eric :

Ok. Sounds like a concern with an aftermarket system control module. Someone added the alarm and the power lock feature. If you want to disable this you will need to locate the control module for the alarm system.

Customer:

Ok, Let's say I can locate it. What will I do to disable it?

Customer:

It is odd though that there is a Ford Alarm Sticker on the windows.

Customer:

It says factory equipped.

Eric :

First thing to try is you will need to disconnect it and make sure the vehicle still starts. And then see if the alarm stops beeping.

Customer:

Specifically, the sticker says "Ford Motor Company ....This vehicle is equipped with a Vehicle Security System" .... Featuring Powercode technology"

Customer:

I was hoping to just get a "How To" instruction list.... I can't actually do this procedure right now.

Eric :

Yes, I understand. Someone probably purchased a ford genuine accessory and had it installed to get power door locks, after the truck was purchashed.

Customer:

I see.

Eric :

Let me see if I can locate anything in the Ford accessory catalog

Customer:

Ok

Eric :

I may be able to find an instruction list. Give me a few minutes...

Customer:

Sure

Eric :

Does your remote have 4 buttons on it? can you describe it?

Customer:

4 buttons are on the remote. Top left is lock symbol, Top right is unlock symbol, bottom left is red button having picture of magnifying glass on it / alarm symbol, bottom right button is blue with a light beam icon (headlight on it).

Eric :

Ok. Let me look for a sec... It would be really helpful if we had the number off of the control unit. We'll get that later, I am still looking. Found similar kits but all have remote start built in.

Eric :

I have been searching and do not find the Security System as you describe. I have found other similar accessory kits. What you can try is to get in the vehicle and turn the ignition to ON. Then while holding the brake pedal press and hold the LOCK button on the remote for 2 seconds. This may set the system into VALET mode which will turn the alarm off. If this does not work then back to plan A and you will need to locate the control module and possibly the ON/OFF switch which may be near the module.

Customer:

Doing as you have suggested has worked. The alarm no longer functions. Thank you very much!