Master Tech Lee
Master Tech Lee, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  36 years Ford Certified Diagnostic RepairTechnician
28531106

e250: I noticed the abs light on my dash can you tell me what

I noticed the abs light on my dash can you tell me what that indicates.
thanks
Category: Ford
Expert:  Master Tech Lee replied 11 months ago.

Leon Davidian, Sr. :

Welcome to justanswer.com. My name is XXXXX XXXXX online automotive technician. I am reading your comments. I will be right with you. Thank You, Leon

Leon Davidian, Sr. :

This indicates you have a malfunction with the Anti-Lock Braking system.

Leon Davidian, Sr. :

To find out where in the system the problem is, you must retrieve the code. The code will tell you what you need to do to fix the problem.

Customer:

what could be the cause

Leon Davidian, Sr. :

You say this is a Ford E- 250 van

Customer:

yes

Leon Davidian, Sr. :

most likely this would be a wheel sensor malfunction. do you have auto zone in your area?

Customer:

im in toronto, canada

Leon Davidian, Sr. :

I understand I do not know if auto zone is in your area

Leon Davidian, Sr. :

you need to find a parts store that will offer a free code check

Leon Davidian, Sr. :

Because without this code the guessing game will be expensive

Customer:

ok will that tell me the problem

Leon Davidian, Sr. :

Yes

Leon Davidian, Sr. :

The computer has stored the code for you, you just have to retrieve it.

Leon Davidian, Sr. :

And that is why the light is on

Leon Davidian, Sr. :

You can still drive, but remember if your in a skid please pump the brake pedal, until the ABS is fixed. Other then that your brakes will work fine

Customer:

ok great i'll see if i can the code and when i recieve that i will find out here what i can do to fix it thanks

Customer:

thanks for your help

Leon Davidian, Sr. :

You are Welcome! Thank you for using justanswer.com

Leon Davidian, Sr. :

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your repairs.

Master Tech Lee, ASE Master Tech
Experience: 36 years Ford Certified Diagnostic RepairTechnician