Edward, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified. Auto Transmission rebuilder for Ford Motor Co. from 91 to 2000

Ford f 150: Hey man, I changed those plugs, now when I crank

Hey man, I changed those plugs, now when I crank it it won't idle properly. It shuts off. I checked all vacuum lines I took loose and still same result. It back fires inside the
Engine. Please help
Hello and thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do all I can to help.

Let me first ask, what size engine is in the truck? 5.4? 4.6? thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
4.6 also my father in law broke one of theCoils where is screws into block. Could it be that too? We drive it down driveway, brakes were hard to mash.
He broke a spark plug? or a coil pack?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Coil pack. Do you think it's a vacuum issue or do I need to rechange the plugs again?
If he cracked that coil pack, then it's probably not firing the plug, I would replace that first. If it's not running on all cylinders, it won't idle well, and may stall. Gotta replace the bad coil first. Then clear the codes with a scanner. Then take it for a drive, check all your vacuum lines, make sure they are connected and secure.