Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified. Auto Transmission rebuilder for Ford Motor Co. from 91 to 2000
29534642

Bronco: 1992 Bronco stalling out sometimes when put in gear.Already

1992 Bronco stalling out sometimes when put in gear.Already changed plugs/rotor-rotor cap.Used Lucas injector cleaner,changed inline fuel filter.what now?
Hello and thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do all I can to help.

Let me first ask, have you cleaned the throttle body yet? or changed the idle air control motor ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no

Alright Ken, First thing to do is, get a can of carb cleaner from any auto parts store, get an old toothbrush and a rag, pull the fresh air hose off the throttle body, spray down the throttle body and let it soak for a minute, and then scrub the carbon and deposits from the throttle plate and throttle body. It's easier to do with somebody inside the truck holding down the gas pedal , make sure you get all the deposits off the throttle plate and where it meets against the throttle body.

There is a small amount of air that is suppose to bypass the throttle plate. when it gets dirty, this air can't bypass the plate and can cause idling problems. Also, you may want to pull the idle air control motor off, and spray some cleaner in it as well. it can get dirty and gummed up too.

Make sure there are no vacuum leaks, check the pcv vacuum hose for cracks. If you have no vacuum leaks after the throttle body and Idle air motor are cleaned, It's possible you may need a new idle air motor. But I would try those things first.