A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance

my radio went out and I didnt find any fuses that were bad.

my radio went out and I didn't find any fuses that were bad. I installed a new radio, and it didn't work either, which made me dig deeper. The fuse in the engine compartment power distribution box (position #1) for the radio was blown. I replaced it and it still didn't work, but the fuse didn't fail again. I checked the voltage at the PDB radio terminal and I'm not getting any voltage there, with key off or in ACC position. Any ideas?
Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.I will try my best to help you with your question.

Hi, thank you for asking your question today. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What year is your Ford?
-What model is your Ford?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
97 f350 powerstroke

Thank you. Check fuse #11 in the dash fuse box. The radio has 2 fuses.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I already did that. In fact, I checked all the fuses in both the dash fuse box and the power distribution box under the hood. When I checked the terminals in the power distribution box under the hood with my voltmeter, I didn't get any voltage there either.
The fuses are good but you are not getting any power at those two fuses?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
that's correct. i checked the fuse terminals at the dash fuse box with a voltmeter and didn't have power. That's when I backtracked to the power distribution box. the fuse there was blown. I replaced it, and still didn't have power at the dash box. I went back to the pdb and checked the terminals there and don't have power. Do power distribution boxes ever go bad? I have power on all the other accessories in the cab except the cigarette lighter.
Do you have power on fuses #4 and #8 in the engine bay fuse box with the key turned on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
power at 8, not at 4
Look on the bottom side of the engine bay fuse box. You may have to remove the bottom cover to see the wiring. All three of those fuses #1 #4 and #8 get power from the yellow wires that connect the battery to the fuse box. Since #8 has power, the fuse box is the problem. Possibly a broken wire or corrosion inside the fuse box is the problem.