A. Penland
A. Penland, Ford Senior Master Technician, ASE
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, ASE Advanced Gasoline Engine Performance

Ford Explorer Limited: Good day. I have a 2007 Ford Explorer

Good day. I have a 2007 Ford Explorer Limited,and i hear a soft click sound somewhere in my dashboard(Sounds like its somewhere behind the speedometer and RPM section). Everytime it clicks, all electric parts of my car(automatic windows,AC controls,radio,reverse sensors,reverse camera,etc) stop working, and the ABS and TRACTION lights come on. This goes on for a few seconds, then i hear the click again and everything goes back to normal(ABS and TRACTION lights go off and the electrical parts start working again). The click keeps happening, and it keeps causing these errors on and off while the engine is running. Can you help diagnose this problem?

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer.I will try my best to help you with your question.

You may be having a problem with the dash fuse box which we refer to as the SJB (Smart Junction Box). It is a module that can produce trouble codes. I would recommend having all the modules in the vehicle tested for any trouble codes. The trouble codes will help us narrow down what is causing the problems you are having.

The SJB is located behind the instrument cluster just to the drivers side of it. It does have relays and fuses in it.

But have a repair shop check all the modules in the vehicle for trouble codes and post them on this page please.