Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL

Ford Explorer: uiooi

uiooi
Category: Ford
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 10 months ago.
Hi and welcome back, back in december i helped you with a van, the problem was exactly what we were checking for at the ignition switch, but you did not accept my answer, thus i did not get paid, this is what i do for a living, and I see you have not accepted any answers yet, It will be hard to find an expert that will help you for free, this is asbuse to the honor system JA has here, if you are willing to accept my prior answer, then I would be willing to help you with this one,Tim
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Your ignition switch answer did not fix the problem. So I did not accept your answer. What would you have me do now?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I understand the JA honor system, but I cannot pay you for bad information. That's my honor system. What would you have me do now?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Relist: Other.
I did not pay Tim Mohr for his answer back in December because it did not solve the problem. He now wants payment for that answer before he'll answer my current answer. You need experts whoe want to help, no quabble. I pair up fornt this time. Are you going to helpme or must I seek information elsewhere
I asked you to check the wire at the switch, and this is what you replied

im,

Thanks for you willingness to help. I conferred with coleagues on this end and we found the problem. Bad ignition switch. What a mess this has been. A test light revealed the problem. So much for DVM, analog meter and oscilloscope. Oh well, sometimes the simple approach is best.

So it looks like I was right on, and you did not accept, i cant help you if you are not going to accept a perfectly good answer, i will opt out and see if another expert is willing to help,Tim

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Instead of arguing, let's clean the slate. I will pay you for your previous answer. I do not want to create enemies. Tell me how to pay and I will take care of the matter. Then we can start without blemish and solve my current problem. Sorry for the mess. By the way, I paid up fornt for the current question / answer.

i dont know how to get to that question, to have you accept it, i will help you with this question, but please, if i help you, dont forget to rate me,Tim
the most important code of these is the P0302, missfire on cylinder 2, and is what is causing the rough idle, and the missfire can cause both the other codes so we need to concentrate on this code forst, first off, have you checked for spark at the Number 2 spark plug, when idling?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for working with me. Plenty of spark on #2. Engine shaking radically on idle. Very little throttle response.

ok, then we need to check fuel and compression on that cylinder, have you checked the compression yet?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Compression is good, spark plugs have been changed recently. This problem occurred as a step function ie it happened instantly while driving.

ok, have you checked the injector connector with a noid light?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Just got new piece of info. Vehicle is in "fail safe" mode. Just noticed message in message center. Sorry I didn't see it earlier. What do you think?

and does it run right now?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Did not do anything, just found message. Still shakes horribly when ideling and has very poor throttle response.

this is usually caused by a bad throttle body, have you tried to pull codes again and see if there is any new ones?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Replaced throttle body within the past 6 mo. I guess it could be the throttle body stepper motor. What do you think? Codes remain the same.

do you have a scanner with data stream?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I do not have a scanner with a data stream. It looks like this issue is headed for a shop and I am a mobil guy without a shop. If you are in agreement, I want to be sure you get paid for your information (I believe my account has already been debited) and I will arrange to have the vehicle towed.

iT definately sounds like a bad throttle body, they need to check the tps1 sweep, it should start low and increase smoothly , and the tps2 should start high, and decrease smoothly, if they both do, then its most likely a bad throttle body, and is a common problem, You have put a deposit with JA, i dont get paid unless you rate me,Tim
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience: 30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL