Taurus: Hi, I have a 2006 Ford Taurus SE. The engine wont

Hi, I have a 2006 Ford Taurus SE. The engine won't start. No clicking, just dead. I have replaced the starter, so it is new. The dash lights come on, the interior lights do not dim when attempting to start. The anti-theft light in the dash blinks fast, and does not go out when the key is on. Prior to this, I was driving highway speeds when the car basically cut off. It would do this intermittently over a month's time. Usually it would start right back up, but this last time it wouldn't. I suspect the anti-theft system, ignition, or neutral safety switch. The fuses and relays were checked as well, I didn't find anything wrong there, thanks.
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX the security light is blinking, then the computer is not reconizing the key, and wont allow it to start, do you have a spare key to try in this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Actually, I do not have an extra key.

ok, most likely the computer has lost its programming for the key, it will need to be reprogrammed, the dealer can do this, but we use mobile locksmiths to come out to the vehicle and reprogram them, they are cheaper than the dealer and it saves a tow bill to the dealer, our local locksmith charges 70 dollars to do this, but until the key is reprogrammed, it will not start,Tim
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX also happen when you are driving, for the anti-theft device to wig out like that?
Yes, it can, if the decurity light is flashing, this can only be the cause,Tim