Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

clicking sound coming from center console of a 2010 ford e

Customer Question

clicking sound coming from center console of a 2010 ford expedition
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.
Hello and Welcome to Justanswer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX X am here to try and assist your with your question.

Which side of the dash is the noise coming from?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

It is coming from the center console where the radio and nav system is located

Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.
Curtis, In most cases the noise is actually coming from under the dash but the sound travels thru the console, in most cases this type of noise is caused by a bad blend door actuator, they have a plastic gear in them that is know to strip out. On your 2010 there is a left and right actuator, I suspect your dealing with the left one as well. If you listen closely can you narrow the noise down to which side its coming from?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

it is very hard to tell which side it is coming from probably wouldn't hurt to replace them both to prevent this from happening again

Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.
The LH side is a rear bear to replace, the RH side is closest to the radio and likely the one your hearing, start with removing the radio and reach in and place your hand on it and see if you can feel the click. If so then its the one you need to replace and its not to bad to get at. See the Actuator HERE and Radio removal steps HERE. To replace the LH actuator the entire instrument panel needs to come out, check the RH side first and if it turn out to be the LH side let me know and I will put together all the steps needed to replace it.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

ok thank you so much

Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.
Your very welcome, if you need me latter, let me know, the question stays open to you even after you rate my answer for as long as you need me and all you need to do is return to this question.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

how do you remove the center finish panel??

Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.
The center finish panel snaps on and to remove it , take a smack screw driver and gently pry it off. Give me one moment and I will send you the diagrams.
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.
Curtis, See the diagram HERE
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.
Hello again Ron here.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have already rated my answer, then Thanks alot. If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Thanks Ron
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
We don't need any more help
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.
Thank you and if you need more help, let me know.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

Please quit emailing us we have rated and paid you so please stop
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.
I'm sorry, the web site generates these emails, I will request they don't send you any more.