Randall C
Randall C, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  35 years ASE Master Tech, Diagnostic , Electrical Specialist

I have a 2010 ford escape, has about 48k miles on it. There

I have a 2010 ford escape, has about 48k miles on it. There is a definite "clunking" noise coming from the front passenger seat. I hear this "clunking" when traveling at a lower speed, doing around town type driving. Do you think it could be an issue with the suspension?
Hello, My name isXXXXX will do my best to assist you.
Although I am not there, listening nor testing, making diagnosis a bit difficlut.. I do wnat to mention a particaulr part that has a high fail rate
It is called the swaybar link. A rod hooked to the swaybar and up to the frame
It has a blajoint on each end that can not be lubricated
They have a high failure rate, so much that Ford even released a bulletin about this
When they fail,, they cause a clunking on light bumps, etc on one or both sides
We have repalced many of them
It is not damgerous. They tend to be worn and make noise for a rather long time but,, Should consider having looked at sooner than later
Not too expensive, Like about 1/2 hour each side and the part is a about $24 +/-

It is item #17 in the picture, one on each side in the front

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, thanks very much. We purchased the extended warranty, do you think this will be covered? Also, is this a one day type job or do you think we would need to leave it overnight?

I can not comment on the warranty,. Just too many different ones and most? address emission, engine hard parts, seals, gaskets and not small suspension parts like this is. I can not be 100%. It is possible it will be covered
If an appt" it should only be about 1-2 hours total in a shop. It is an easy fix and parts are avialable near all parts houses etc
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Many thanks, XXXXX XXXXX guidance. Have an appointment for Friday 8/30.

very good. Hope all goes well.
I want to thank you sooo much for the followup. I received a note from JA about your car problem
I have never had a customer do this, this way in last 5 years with JA
Very very kind of you
I really hope things go well with the vehicle
Please, Let me know If I can ever be of help again
Look up tracker40
many thanks