Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Ford Diagnostics/Repair

Ford Mustang: Im being told my sons 2008 mustang needs thermostat

I'm being told my son's 2008 mustang needs thermostat housing replace, I'm skeptical, our but it just be the gasket?
Hello! Welcome to the site! Thanks for coming! I'm Ron Z. I'm here to provide as much info and insight as I can, to best answer your question.

Unfotunately, it very well may be true. I've seen a few of these. Giving it a quick check for yourself should help determine where the leak is. It should be easy to tell which "half" is leaking. In the image below, leaking at red arrows is the housing and leaking at blue arrows is the gasket.

Please remember the website WILL NOT automatically compensate me with a part of your deposit or from your subscription WITHOUT YOUR RATING! Please use the Rating System and *Rate My Service* if the information/advice I supplied has helped you. If you have any more questions, use the "Reply" tab – I'm always happy to answer follow-ups! Follow-ups are always FREE! Even after you rate! Thank-you!