Randall C
Randall C, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  35 years ASE Master Tech, Diagnostic , Electrical Specialist

Ford explorer: hi, i have a ford explorer 95, and have some

hi, i have a ford explorer 95, and have some alternator charge problem, i have used a multimeter on the cables in, on the plug who has a s i, on my multiemter, on the grenn wire so is I, it has 12,3volt,with the ignition on.
on the yellow so is A i have 10,2volt when the ignition is of, when i turn on the ignition i have 1 volt, is this right?
Hello, My name isXXXXX will do my best to assist you.
I replied to your first post
I need to know, when alternator is unplugged, key OFF, what volts do you have on the yellow/white wire?

also, what volts on the black/orange wire, the big wire with key OFF
These tests are very important

please ignor the lt green wire for now
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

With the key off i have 10,2 volt on the yellow/white.

The big wire, so is red? i have 12,3v

is the yellow /white wire unplugged from alt when testing
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes it is unplugged

ok, bear with me a couple minutes
Both the large wire and the yellow/white wire are power fed direct from the battery. BOTH are to have 12 volts or battery voltage
Your yellow wire is low volts
I suspect a fuse link is fialing or a connection
A fuse link is a short piece of wire , grey in color, designed to burn in 1/2 or internally if a problem happens
You have a couple choices
You can follow the yellow/white wire back through harness to the grey fuse link, change the fuse link with one from parts store
OR you can cut the yellow/white wire and run andother wire from the yellow wire to the battery POS side, at least for testing
I do not remember exactly where the fuse links are thus why you have to follow the yellow bachwards till you run into the grey fuse link, it is about 4: long, soft grey pice of wire
parts stores sell them. You cut old one out, splice new one in

Below is the diagram
look close at the YE/WH wire coming off alternator and how it goes to a fuse link, then basically to the battery
Do NOT continue to test the green wire, That wire is for the dash and you could short things out testing it. It is not the problem
the porblem is low volts on the yellow /white wire