Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

ford: 5 sets of 5 chimes. same problem Im having in my 2001

5 sets of 5 chimes. same problem I'm having in my 2001 F250. airbag light does nOT come on when first starting the engine. is the RCM on this model also in the passenger kick panel? how about diconnecting the chime itself? truck rarely used where airbag necessary. suggestions?

Ron :

Hello and welcome to Justanswer, are you referring to 5 beeps?

Ron :

In most cases 5 beeps means the Air bag bulb is burned out and if its not coming on with the key then that is likely the problem and in most cases removing the cluster and replacing the bulb will resolve the problem, the tone generator is located in the Body control module and can not be disconnected. If you need the cluster removal steps, I can send them .

Hello and welcome to Justanswer,

Are you referring to 5 beeps?
Robert,