Edward, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified. Auto Transmission rebuilder for Ford Motor Co. from 91 to 2000

f-150: We have two pickups (93 and 95) we are wondering if

We have two pickups ('93 and '95) we are wondering if someone can give us some info about the codes. We had to use a paperclip and count the flashes to get them. For the '95 we got 12, 35, and 58. For the '93 I think we have 12, 11, 21, 11, 72, 32, 73, 32 (again?), 63, 41 and then it repeats starting with 72, 32,...etc.
Hello and thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do all I can to help.

The EEC 4 code list is as follows.

12 Idle Speed Control motor or Air Bypass not controlling idle properly (generally idle too low)

35 EVP - (R) Engine RPM's too low to test EGR system
EVR - (O, R, M) EVP sensor signal is/was high
PFE - (O, R, M) PFE sensor signal is/was high

58 Idle Tracking Switch (ITS) signal problem

For the 95

21 Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor out of range

72 (R) No MAP or MAF change in "goose" test - retest, check for frequency or voltage change

32 EVP - (R) EGR not responding properly during test

63 Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) signal too low

41 (R) System lean
(M) System was lean for 15 seconds or more (no HO2S switching)

Best thing to do in my opinion, is clear all the codes, Crank the engine, and see if any come back, whichever code comes back first. is going to be the primary code and it should be addressed first.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Edward, if it's okay I will just pay you now and if I have any more questions I will be back. Actually real quick, to clear the codes I just have to disconnect the battery and wait a minute or so correct?

Take both cables off, wait 5 minutes. Then physically touch the pos. and neg. cables together away from the battery. This will discharge the capacitors and should clear system memory. Now if there are any HARD faults, then they will come right back. and that is the code or codes you should faul trace first.