Edward, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified. Auto Transmission rebuilder for Ford Motor Co. from 91 to 2000

1992 F-150 is hard to start first thing in the morning fuel

1992 F-150 is hard to start first thing in the morning fuel pump is new everything else works fine
Hello and thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do all I can to help. Let me first ask, does it crank over fine? Battery seems like it's fully charged and the engine spins quick? But just doesn't fire? Or does the engine crank slow like a dead battery?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

engine turns over great battery is new acts like fuel leaking but no smell

OK, When you just cut the key ON Engine OFF, does the check engine light come on everytime? I want to make sure the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) is getting powered up.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Alright, The next step is to get a fuel pressure gauge hooked to the fuel rail schrader valve at the engine. Could be the fuel pump relay perhaps. Or the injector pulse. I believe it has spark, as that usually won't come and go. If you don't have a fuel pressure gauge, a good test is to spray some carb cleaner or gas directly into the throttle body, and see if it will run for a couple of seconds then, that shows spark but no fuel getting through the injectors.

If you can verify 35-40 psi at the fuel rail when it won't crank, then I would check injector pulse next. If you have spark, and no injector pulse, Then most likely your PCM is faulty. as the PCM grounds the fuel injectors.

You will need a noid light to check injector pulse. Pull off a fuel injector connector, plug the light in and look for the light to blink while cranking. If the light doesn't blink, Then check for constant 12 volts on the injector RED wire. Should have constant 12 volts. If it does, and the noid light doesn't blink when cranking. I would suspect the PCM.

(I'm assuming the compression is good, and the timing chain hasn't slipped) But you may want to check compression just to be sure the cylinders have 120 psi or more.)