James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified

Ford 2003 transit: ford transit 2003 2.4 turbo diesel manual

Customer Question

ford transit 2003 2.4 turbo diesel manual
can I change it to automatic and what is involved
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 3 years ago.
It really matters how far you would like to go. If you want or need it to be originally stock, that will cost the most. As long as you use the same automatic made for this engine it should basically bolt right up. You would need to fabricate automatic shift linkage to go through the existing hole or go getting a steering column for factory look. The biggest thing would be replacing the PCM with that for an automatic. You will also need a wiring harness from an automatic vehicle. This might include additional fuses in the distribution block as well. If you can find a doner vehicle with almost everything you need that would be the easiest route. With enough money in your budget and time you can make it look as nice as you would like.
Expert:  James replied 3 years ago.
Hi Borislav, how are you doing? I just wanted to follow up with you and see if I can still offer you some assistance?