Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ford F350 SuperDuty Pickup 4x2: I have a 2008 F350 DRW V10. The

I have a 2008 F350 DRW V10.

The High Mounted stop light does not work. I have stop and turn signal lights. Trailer wiring works as well. I checked at the socket and have no voltage. Is there a specific relay or fuses to check or repalce

Ron :

Hello and welcome to Justanswer,

Yes there is a fuse for the third break light only, it located in the under hood fuse panel and its the F12 fuse. Check it and see if its blown

Customer:

Thanks fuse 12 is fine, next?

Ron :

The next step if your fuse is okay it to swap the stop lamp relay with the on enext to it and see if that solves the problem, if it does then the relay is bad. See the location HERE in the under hood fuse panel.

Customer:

the link does not reference fuses

Ron :

No the link references the break light relay, that what I want you to try swapping with the one next to it.

Ron :

Its located in the under hood fuse panel, I have marked which one it is in the link.

Customer:

Thank you. Problem solved. Missing relay, empty socket. Again thank you for you help.

Your very welcome, that would sure do it. Glad to hear you got it.

Thank you as well.