Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ford Crown Victoria LX: Hi, I have a 2003 crown vic LX and

Hi, I have a 2003 crown vic LX and the blower is not running for heat or AC, replaced blower, old one was fine. Checked all relays and fuses; both are okay. Checked blower motor resistor (speed control), passed continuity test. Checked all grounds, lines from control panel to blower motor resistor, all are okay. Control panel lights up, gives temperature read-out, and all dampers and controls work for defroster, heat, and AC. Only thing I cannot do is get the fan to run.
Hello and Welcome to Justanswer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question.

In 99 % of all cases the problem you are describing is caused by a failed Blower motor speed controller, to know for sure disconnect the connector from the blower motor speed controller and jumper the Orange/Red wire in the connector to the Black wire in the connector, and the blower should run at high speed. If so then that means the controller is bad and needs to be replaced. Its a quick and simple test and will tell you for sure that its bad.

Give this a try and let me know what you come up with,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I guess you won't be surprised to hear that you were correct! Thank-you Ron,I just have to wait for the part to get here and im good to go.

I suspect as much Theresa, its a very common problem on the Crown Vic , Glad to hear you got it, the question stays open to you even after you rate my answer for as long as you need me, let me know how it works out. Replacing the controller should solve this problem.

Thank you as well,