Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

Ford Escape: I drive a 2006 Ford Escape. Recently, Ive noticed

I drive a 2006 Ford Escape. Recently, I've noticed that the "road noise" inside the vehicle is getting louder. when I turn the steering wheel, the noise stops. The faster I go, the louder it seems. Trying to figure out what may be the cause of this before taking it in to a mechanic. Any suggestions?

Hi, I’m Chris. Welcome and thanks for asking your question!

Tires are the most common reason for road noise in the Escape. Rub your hand across the top of the tire feeling all the tread lugs from the inside to the outside. All should be flat and not leaning or feathered, especially the front tires. If the tires are fine then its one of the wheel bearings to blame. In this case it needs to be ran in gear on a rack and the back of the hub bearings need to be listened to using a stethoscope.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Chris! : )

Your welcome
Hello again Chris here.

It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help, and if not to say Thanks.

Thanks Chris