jazzmaster, ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  ase certified--32 yrs experience

Ford E-150 Econoline Chateau: Hello Guy, I have a 2004 ford

Hello Guy,
I have a 2004 ford e150 chateau van, Just recently the instrument cluster background lights quit working. The needles themselves are luminated.
I have tested the 3 fuse locations that the owners manual listed, the fuses all tested good with an ohmmeter, only have power to fuse location 22, with the switch pulled out. I don't know where the power comes from for the switch. Any help would be appreciated.

hi, have you tried to replace the bulbs ?

you can take the instrument panel out and then connect the wiring back to the panel ,since the lights are working for the ghauges I would think that you have a bulb issue .

you can test the bulbs by using the slot where the gauge light works ,that is take the bulbs and put them in the slot for the gauges and the parking light switch in the on position