Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Ford Diagnostics/Repair
18617752

05 escape 3.0 liter. how do I change rear spark plugs?

Hello! Welcome to the site! Thanks for coming! I'm Ron Z. I'm here to provide as much info and insight as I can, to best answer your question.

To replace the rear spark plugs, the Upper Intake will need to be removed to gain the proper access needed. When re-installing the Upper Intake it is strongly recommended that you use new gaskets to ensure there are no air leaks. Any air leaks in this area will result in engine performance issues.

I've wrapped up the procedure to remove and replace the Upper Intake into a PDF file for easier viewing/printing. DOWNLOAD THE PDF FILE HERE

If you have no further questions at this time, Please remember to RATE YOUR Q&A EXPERIENCE TODAY! Your input is very important to us! Please make sure to leave a RATING! Thank-You!

If you need more help, please use the "Reply" tab to continue our conversation - I'm always happy to answer follow-up questions!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks ron

You're welcome! Glad I could be of some help today!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

do I need to apply sealant on upper intake gaskets?

No, sealant is not required. Just make absolutely sure the torque value and sequence and absolutely perfect.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks

You're welcome! My pleasure! Have a great day!