Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

Ford F150 FX4: Hi Chris,I am writhing to you because of your

Hi Chris,
I am writhing to you because of your response regarding the NAVIGATE system on a Ford F150...
I am an owner of an F150 2011 and recently purchased a full NAV + climate console from a damaged Larial 2010. I understand that I will need the dealer for some programming. Perhaps, Can you help me on the wiring side ( ACM+FDIM & climate control) to make this project a reality!
Thank,s for helping,
Hi, I'm Josie and I am a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested professional a message to follow up with you here, when he is back online.

If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.

Hi, I’m Chris. Welcome and thanks for asking your question!

I have no clue about the swap or programming but I do have access to the wire diagrams, is that all you need?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Chris,

Tank's for your reply,

Yes wire Diagrams could surely help if you have them showing the difference With & Without Navigation.

Here are the truck Equipment details to look for:

Ford F150 FX4 2011

Sony entertainment system with sub & Microsoft Sync.

Want to retrofit the OEM Ford Navigation system.

Will need drawing details with modules description.

Thank's in advance Chris,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank's Chris for your quick reply and detailled docs.

The only thing that is missing that I don't see here, is the wiring for the automatic climate control (HVAC). With this upgraded NAV display & ACM, all the climate control are controlled via this screen. I don't see any wiring related to those connections. Is there other modules for this that connect directly to the ACM or directly to the display?

Thank's for your help Chris!

Do you have auto or manual HVAC?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes good point to precise,

I actually have a manual HVAC at this time, perhaps, with the OEM NAV bezel, the HVAC controls are automatic.

There is only a tyny connector from this new bezel that doesn't seem to connect to the new NAV & ACM. So I can't see how the HVAC can display on the NAV screen. As stated on prior message, I think this info goes throught the EATC module prior going back to the ACM, but this is only my taught!

Thank's for your reply Chris,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank's Chris,

Those wiring drawings are similar of the actual manual HVAC that I got. Automatic HVAC wiring will surely be more revealant to what connect to the ACM to display on the NAV.

This should help!

Autos these days do not have a direct wire for each signal to each component, they use communication wires kind of like cable TV, a single wire that gives you phone, 1000 TV channels, an internet. Your truck uses the MS-CAN wires to communicate module to module.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, I see

I taught they were a lot more wiring involved with this new HVAC automatic cluster.

So, if I understand, this involve more Dealer programming than wiring & plugs.

So far, thank's for all your help Chris,

I have seen others try this swap and the hassle they have dealt with working on them up to 20 hours changing parts and programming and working with Ford. Which is why I mentioned diagrams is all I can provide. I have never attempted this swap.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience: 16 years experience