mcleodagency
mcleodagency, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  21 years as an ASE Certified Dealership Technician-7 years as an Automotive Instructor-7 Years as a Service Writer and Manager

Expedition: I was wondering why my Temp Gauge on my cluster

Customer Question

I was wondering why my Temp Gauge on my cluster in my 97 ford expedition 4.6L is not working and my temp is staying at normal temp. Yet when i drove this morning it hit hot for about 30 seconds to a min and in the upper left corner of the cluster a small red oil light i think it is comes on.
Category: Ford
Expert:  mcleodagency replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX thanks for asking your question!

To repair the temperature Gauge you will have to replace the sending unit for the gauge due to being inaccurate>> After time heating and cooling they go bad

Don

Please do not exit without rating!
Rating bad or poor leaves negative feedback and I do not get paid.
Please click the reply link if you cannot
rate my answer Excellent. Your card will not be charged again. Please
rate
Thanks!

mcleodagency, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 21 years as an ASE Certified Dealership Technician-7 years as an Automotive Instructor-7 Years as a Service Writer and Manager
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

what would the sending unit be and what is the correct name for it

The Temperature gauge sending unit is also called a switch for the gauge> Recommendation: make sure you purchase an original equipment sending unit not made in China

The temperature gauge sending unit is located in the front section of the intake manifold, just to the right of the alternator-4.6L engine, 5.4L and 6.8L similar

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Here is a drawing of the 4.6 engine and the location

Don

Thank You for the
Good Rating

Don

Glad I could help, Thank You for allowing Just Answer to help with
your question.