Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

2005 Ford Focus SE: High beams will stay on when keeping pressure

Customer Question

2005 Ford Focus SE: High beams will stay on when keeping pressure on the lever only. when using the normal function the blue hi-beam light is on but lights are on dim?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dan replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Do you have a 2005 or a 2007? Did you want to replace yourself or get an idea of what problem is and have someone else fix? Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

2007 Get an idea what's wrong first.

Expert:  Dan replied 3 years ago.

This means the multifunction switch has failed which contains the dimmer switch and turn signal switch. Since the lights work when you keep pressure on lever this verifies the wiring is good. It is about $40 for the switch and a 1.5 hour job at a shop so your looking at around $200 total. Let me know if you have questions or if there is anything else I can do to help such as give you replacement instructions. Thanks Bart.

-

p.s. I'd also like to add you will get getting a follow up survey and it is important for me to get high ratings so let me know if there is ANYTHING else I can do to help and keep ratings high. Thanks.