Steve
Steve, Ford Technician
Experience:  30 years working for Ford dealer. Ford Master tech.
43460220

Ford ranger Edge: I have a ford ranger 2004 6 cyls, when I

I have a ford ranger 2004 6 cyls, when I refuel I can not filled the tank completely, only about 3/4. When I forget filled full tank It will start missing and check engine light will turn on it will be 4th cly missing or fuel injector missing

Steve :

Welcome and thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

Steve :

for the tank not filling up all the way it is common for the Evaporative emission canister to be plugged up and or fuel of fuel and it needs to be replaced. It is located at the rear of the truck next to the fuel pump above the spare tire.

Steve :

It is #3 in the picture below.

Steve :

As far as the misfire goes what code are you getting in the computer to turn the light on? Did you replace cyl #4 fuel injector?

Customer: no I did not replace injector because I only refuel to 3/4 of the tank and I will not do the misfiring,but last week I forgot and filled the tank completely and got the problem again. Also notice that if I turn truck off and start it up in a couple of minutes it will do the misfiring
Steve :

This sounds like all the concerns are from the evaporative emission canister. Replace it to resolve your concern.

Customer: Where is the evaporative emission canister
Steve :

It is located at the rear of the truck next to the fuel pump above the spare tire.

Steve :

do you see the pics above?

Steve :

Customer: Thanks for your help