Steve
Steve, Ford Technician
Experience:  30 years working for Ford dealer. Ford Master tech.
43460220

Ford Escape 3.0L V6: I have a 2007 Ford Escape (3.0L V6) that

I have a 2007 Ford Escape (3.0L V6) that needs a new engine. I am trying to figure out if the best option is a brand new engine vs a rebuilt engine because of the issue with the rods breaking with this engine. Can you help?

Steve :

Welcome and thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

Steve :

I have never seen a issue with the rods breaking with these engines, and it will defiantly be cheaper to get a rebuild versus a brand new engine, if you can even get a brand new engine. Most the engine you can get for this are rebuilt. If it were me and my ride I would put a rebuilt engine in the Escape.

Customer:

Thanks for the answer. I will keep searching for someone with more experience. There are hundreds of complaints about the rods breaking in this particular engine, so maybe it has not happened in your area.

Steve :

I guess that is possible, I do work at the Ford dealer for 30 years. If you are really concerned about it then replace the engine with a new engine.

Customer:

Ok, thanks.