Steve
Steve, Ford Technician
Experience:  25 years working for Ford dealer. Ford Master tech.
43460220

I have been fixing a 2010 Ford Fusion and have a solid airbag

I have been fixing a 2010 Ford Fusion and have a solid airbag light that comes on. I had a place plug it in and got a B0095 code. This is the right front seat belt. I have unpluged this belt and got a 2.3 ohm resistance (same as left one) The control module was reset. What am I missing?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

Steve :

Welcome and thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

Steve :

The most common problem is there is a build up of resistance in the connector from low voltage flow through the connector. Go to the parts store and buy a can of electrical cleaner in a spray can and spray the connector male and female with the connector unplugged Put dialectic grease inside the connector and put it back to together and see if the code comes back.

Steve :

Hi can you see my answer?

JACUSTOMER-mm8eawkg- :

I just tried cleaning as you asked but it didn't help

Steve :

If the Resistance of the buckle is ok then it is going to be a open wire or a bad airbag module.

JACUSTOMER-mm8eawkg- :

Does the two wire plug on the right belt go directly to the module and if so what is the pin location on the module so I can check?

Steve :

give me a minute to look

JACUSTOMER-mm8eawkg- :

ok

Steve :

Here are the different 95 codes you could have gotten. Do you know which one it is?

Steve :

B0095:11Right Frontal Restraints Sensor: Circuit Short to GroundGO to Pinpoint Test P.
B0095:4ARight Frontal Restraints Sensor: Incorrect Component InstalledGO to Pinpoint Test AD.
B0095:81Right Frontal Restraints Sensor: Invalid Serial Data ReceivedINSTALL a new RH front impact severity sensor. REFER to Front Impact Severity Sensor in this section.
B0095:93Right Frontal Restraints Sensor: No OperationGO to Pinpoint Test P.
B0095:96Right Frontal Restraints Sensor: Component Internal FailureINSTALL a new RH front impact severity sensor. REFER to Front Impact Severity Sensor in this section.
JACUSTOMER-mm8eawkg- :

I have the print out. It says B0095 Right Frontal Restraints Sensor Continuous Memory D tc

Steve :

The seat belt on the passenger front side goes through one connector it is c 312 For picture of location click here go to f6 on the grid for location

JACUSTOMER-mm8eawkg- :

I see a U0028 Vehicle Communication Bus A Continuous Memory D tc as well

Steve :

click on the blue words above.

Steve :

After the 95 there are some other codes. I am going to go with what you have said.

Steve :

Steve :

That is the only connector between the belt and the restraint Module

JACUSTOMER-mm8eawkg- :

i will check the c312 it looks like it is under the seat/carpet

Steve :

Yes that is correct under the seat and the carpet.

JACUSTOMER-mm8eawkg- :

There is a lot of connections under the seat. I could not see the white/orange and black wire that comes from the belt so is it best to unbolt the seat to get at these connections?

JACUSTOMER-mm8eawkg- :

are you still there?

Steve :

Yes It would be best to remove the seat to get to the connector. It might also be prudent to get a tester that can access the air bag module. Then you can look at the ohms through the tester and see what is really going on.

JACUSTOMER-mm8eawkg- :

So what does this mean? check under the seat and if good there bring to dealer to test or can you give me the pins that plug in the module or maybe i can see the colors that leave the seat and see them at the module plug. will try this after i look under seat

Steve :

I am just trying to make it easy for pinpointing and telling you how I do it.

Steve :

Unfortunately if the code is a 95, I am also going to tell you the code 95 has nothing to do with the set belt but a impact sensor on the front grill of the car picture to follow

JACUSTOMER-mm8eawkg- :

I don't know what tester you mean. The person used one that plugged in under the dash at the drivers knee area

JACUSTOMER-mm8eawkg- :

Interesting I could change them out

Steve :

It is number 2 in the picture above.

JACUSTOMER-mm8eawkg- :

will ck this before removing seat thanks

Steve :

Just trying to help out reason I wanted to know the code for sure.

Steve :

RCM CircuitRH Front Impact Severity Sensor
C310B-30 VR214 (WH/BU)C1465-1
C310B-29 RR130 (GN/BU)C1465-2
Steve :

Check the continuity of the wiring to the module 1 is pin 30 and 2 is pin 29 if less than 5 ohms replace the RH Front Impact Severity Sensor

Steve :

Let me know if you have any other questions on your concern.

Steve :

Please remember to rate me with excellent service, and press the green submit button. Thanks

JACUSTOMER-mm8eawkg- :

The sensors were involved in the accident. I did check resistance of both front ones at the sensor pins. They were very close in resistance but can't remember what it was. will check for 5 ohms and let you know.

JACUSTOMER-mm8eawkg- :

I got 192K ohms and 194K ohms on the two front sensors not 5 ohms. Are the side sensors the same part?

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Tom,

You cannot check the sensors themselves you need to check the wiring to the module with it unplugged from the crash sensor. If the wiring is ok the sensor is bad.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks I understand now. I will check the wiring next.

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Tom,
Sounds good keep me informed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Steve, pin 2-29 (green with blue stripe wire) is good. I don't have pin 1-30 (white with blue stripe) but i get it to show a reading from pin 1-10. It reads 4.3 ohms. This is an early 2010 if that makes a difference.

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Tom,

It sounds like the crash sensor is bad. I would replace it.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tom,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Steve, Didn't have time this weekend but just finished taking both my front sensors out and butting them in my son's 2010 fusion. They work fine in his car. My car still has the light coming on after it goes out at start up using his car's sensors

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Tom,
If the wiring is ok then you are going to need to replace the air bag module.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Did you check the wiring on this early 2010? (mfg date 4/09) See my previous question when wiring was not what you said it should be.

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Tom,

The wire color may be different but the pins stay the same between the sensor and the module.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

On the module 30 has no connection on the ohm meter to pin 1 but it has connection to pin 10. Why is this? wire color is the same on both 10 and 30.

another thing that may help is that my outdoor temperature is reading -40 degrees. Is this the same harness?

Does the plug on the sensor to the plug on the module have any connection plugs between these two points?

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.

Tom,

Are you sure you are testing the right part? On the 10 fusion you have two impact sensors on the front grill.

On the 09 you have one.

since your build date is 4/09 I am going to give you both wiring diagrams for the 09 and the 10.

If you are reading Minus 40 the sensor is bad or the wiring is bad or it is unplugged.
It is starting to sound like you have a wiring concern.

Here is the wiring diagram for the 10 fusion click here

for the 09 click here

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

In your drawing of the 2010 with two sensors, the right and left sensors seem to go through a plug called C219. If this is a plug, where is it located. If I am showing no connection between white blue wire at pin 1 to pin 30, couldn't C219 be the problem?

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Tom,

That is very possible were the wire could be open.

it is behind the dash panel on the passenger side.
for the pins of the wires and locations inside the connector click here

for location on the vehicle click here

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

am I reading the drawing wrong? It looks like the location drawing shows it left side of the car. There is a fuse box on that side as well.

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Tom,

You are correct, sorry about that. It is on the left side of the car on the drivers side. Under the dash.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tom,

Let me know,
Steve
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Steve,

I have not had time to get to it under the dash. Maybe today. I will give you a positive rating when we get to the end of this. I appreciate someone else to get ideas from. It is a side project SEL with 1400 miles I am doing for my wife.

Tom

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Tom,
Was this car in a accident?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Steve, Can you let me know what the C219 plug looks like? Is it a 4 wire plug. I took out the fuse box under the dash by unplugging everything. Does it go to that box or is it a plug behind the box? are the plugs numbered in anyway. Tom

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Tom,

It is a 60 pin plug and it is the connector for the wire harness to go through the firewall.
Was this car in a accident?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Steve,

We are done the light is out. The problem was caused by me soldering on the pigtail that connects to the sensor and the outside temp. I swapped two wires both have a blue stripe one is gray the other is white. The temp still says -40 degrees but Just hooked the wires together to test and will solder later. I may of burned the temp sensor out with the wrong hook up. It was some time ago that I did the soldering but think I remember doing it in the almost dark outside. Yes the car was in an accident. Welded in another frame rail on drivers side. now everything works so I can put on fenders and hood etc.

Thanks for your help.

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Tom,
Glad I was able to help you out and you have it fixed Yea!!!!
Please remember to rate my answer with excellent service, and press th green submit button. Thanks

Steve, Ford Technician
Experience: 25 years working for Ford dealer. Ford Master tech.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hi Tom,

Let me know,
Steve