Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

FORD TAURUS: LOCATION AND DIAGNOSTICS FOR HORN RELAY ON A 99

LOCATION AND DIAGNOSTICS FOR HORN RELAY ON A 99 TAURUS
Hello and Welcome to Justanswer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question.

Your horn relay is located In relay center box, left of battery, behind
headlamp and I have enclosed the wiring diagram for the horn circuit as well as the steps to diagnose it HERE. Bes sure to start with checking the horn fuse in the under hood fuse panel I have marked in the diagram below.

graphic

graphic

graphicgraphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

all data had it as internal in the cjb. fuse good. ground wire in steering wheel still nothing. no airbag lite and cruise works. thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

all data had it as internal in the cjb. fuse good. ground wire in steering wheel still nothing. no airbag lite and cruise works. thanks but i must be blind. i dont see the relay, just the fuse?

Brain, I suspect All Data is wrong, the information I have sent is from Ford.

See if this help you locate it. Its right there in the diagram.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

finally found the relay. its not in the power dist box. there is a small relay box left of the battery with 9 relays. its the rr one. but problem persists. can ground wire at base of collum and still nothing but can ground relay and it works.possability it doesnt go right to relay? suspect clockspring??.do you have the wiring for the collum?

Yes that where I said it was In relay center box. The first diagram I sent you shows the circuit thru the clock spring.