Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Ford Diagnostics/Repair
18617752

ford Fusion: 2006 Ford Fusion - 4 cylinder Change thermostat

2006 Ford Fusion - 4 cylinder
Change thermostat - I have been told that the entire housing must be changed but my parts dealer shows that the thermostat its self can just be replaced.
Please let me know which way i should go here and also send procedure for changing.
thanks
Welcome! I'm Ron Z! Make sure to use Reply if needed! And PLEASE remember to RATE my answer at the end!

Unfortunately, it is true- The Thermostat IS part of the Thermostat Housing (see image below) and must be replaced as an assembly. The Ford Part Number is: 3M4Z8575B - Most local parts stores can "cross over" this number to the correct version of the after market part in which they carry. The new Housing will come with a Thermostat and Gasket.
graphic
*** PLEASE REMEMBER TO LEAVE A RATING FOR MY ANSWER! RATING THE ANSWER IS AN IMPORTANT PART OF THE Q&A PROCESS! ***