Chris (aka- Moose), Ford Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Ford.
2499435

Ford F150: 2010 Ford F150 changed main wiring harness under

Customer Question

2010 Ford F150 changed main wiring harness under the hood that has the fuse block on it and now it won't start and it is showing lost communication with tcm.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Chris. Welcome and thanks for asking your question!

Sorry for the long delay. Many experts have reviewed your question so far, but no one at this time has felt comfortable trying to help. The question may be just to difficult or not informative enough or priced to low.

I can try to help as long as you understand this is not my exact field of expertise, but I will give you an honest effort to the best of my ability. If you would like me to try and help, is there anything else you can add to your original post giving me more details. I may not be able to answer all of your concern(s) but possibly some of them.

If you do not want me to help you, but would rather go back on the top of the list for all experts to have another look see, just reply and let me know.

.

.

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have checked all fuses all are good got power to power wire on starter. Don't have anything to solinoid wire. Everything on and in the truck works except when you drop it down into gear nothing shows up on the gear selector and it shows up on the scan tool lost communication with the tcm

Why was this repair done in the first place?

Did you use a junkyard harness?

Have you went back through and double checked every connection, especially the transmission harness connection?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Every connection has been checked 3 times even the ones that ran inside the cab. The truck was hit in the front I work at a collision repair shop and it was a new oem harness

Have you OHM tested each wire from the PCM to the components on the transmission to see if the wires are broken or making poor connection, do you need the wire diagram to do so?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not done that and yes I would nd the diagram and the exact location of that connection there was only one major plug on that harness that went into what looks like a pcm on the fire wall on the passenger side

Use the below wire diagrams to ohm test from the PCM connector back to the transmission components Charlie.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/90220402/10f150pcm.pdf

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/90220402/10f150pcm1.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What should the ohms be on that wire testing. An if I give you the exact code that my solus pro is coming up with will there be any leads of what might be the cause from that code

As long as it is showing a Ford code like p0171 or U0506 for example.

When you ohm test wires from both ends you should see continuity and no resistance meaning the wire has no breaks in it.

Chris (aka- Moose), Ford Technician
Experience: 16 years experience with Ford.
Hello again Chris here.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have already rated my answer, then Thanks alot. If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My computer at work will not let me rate your answer if you can reply with that option now I can rate it on my phone they truck is in paint side of the shop now so I haven't gotten a chance to ohm test the wire but I will
Thanks for the update Charlie
Chris (aka- Moose), Ford Technician