Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ford Escape: How to replace the Smart Junction Box of Ford

How to replace the Smart Junction Box of Ford Escape 2006?
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome to Justanswer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question.

Are you looking for instructions?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I am looking for instructions of replacing (or maybe diagnosing) the smart junction box.

Thanks

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Klaus,

I have enclosed the instructions HERE and when replaceing it, the information from it has to be downloaded from it and uploaded into the new unit.
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks,

what do I need to do the downloading and uploading ?

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Klause, to down load and up load you will need a dealer scan tool or access to one if you are trying to do this your self.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I do not have a dealer in my area (I have moved to Europe) and I was wondering if there was a work around. It seems like it is impossible. Thanks.

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately no there is no work around . It has to be done or it will not work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ron,

can you please also provide me with the instructions of downloading and uploading from the SJB (Section 418-1, mentioned in the previous doc). My local dealer (Europe) does not provide and deal with Ford Escapes so I would like to hand them in the instructions just to be safe.

Thanks

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello again Klaus, See the programming instructions HERE
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Ron, but you have already provided me this section and it does not have the programming instructions. It refers to section 418-01 for them but it does not have them.

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Try this HERE
Ron, ASE Certified Technician