Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

E150: have a 2000 E150 w/ no heat, replace thermostat & heater

have a 2000 E150 w/ no heat, replace thermostat & heater core. what else could it be?
Hello and Welcome to Justanswer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question.

Are both heater hoses getting nice and hot at the firewall?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no, not really even warm

In most cases Bill if your sure the engine is warmed up to normal operating temp and you still do not have hot hoses at the heater core then this usually means there is a flow issue and if the core new , its not likely due to restrictions but most likely due to trapped air in the cooling system which is likely because you have had the system open. I would start with bleeding the cooling system to remove any trapped air in order to get some flow thru the heater core. I have enclosed the factory steps HERE for doing so. Give this a try and if you have more questions and or need more information.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Bleed the system but seems like AC is stuck on, those lines r cold
The AC should run with the heater in the defrost mode, so that is likely normal. Are the heater hoses now getting hot at the firewall with a warmed up engine?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
normal? was on defrost but never seemed like that before,hoses r hot so then at floor mode it should immediately b hot? it's not hot almost cold, AC lines not cold.

The AC compressor should run during defrost mode to remove mositure from the cab area which keeps the windshield from fogging up. If the hoses are now hot as they should be the usual suspect is a failed blend door acuator. Click HERE for Acuator replacement.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
its open or extended in all modes but off n AC max. is that still a problem?
The blend door shuts off the heater core from the evaporator core, has nothing to do with MAX air. Max air simply allows cabin air to circulate with out bring air in from the out side.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
OK then I check it tomorrow, I'm in the dark here now. TY for your help. No answer required
Im here all day tomorrow, let me know if you need me .

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

where is this blend door located. can't tell from this instruction page.

Its on the side of the AC/heater panel on the right side of the van under the dash.

graphic
Hello again Ron here.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have already rated my answer, then Thanks alot. If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Thanks Ron
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

finally changed te blend door motor. it seem to have been bad; plugged in new 1 and shaft rotated with temp control knob. however enging ran for 30 min. plus and never got warm.. bled air out of cooling sys. at new bleeder on heater core hose. water seems to be flowing, slightly. but i removed bleeder cap serveral times while running. would think water would gush out? heater hoses didn't get hot either

Bill,

If the hoses are not getting hot then you have a flow problem and if your sure you do not have trapped air then you eaither have a restricted heater core or a water pump concern. Have you checked to see if the heater core is restricted?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it's a new heater core. if the water pump was bad wouldn't the engine over heat? I've got bearing noise didn't piont point it yet but didn't figure it would hinder flow

If the heater core is new, then its not likely restricted and if you sure there is no trapped air then its not trapped air. Its not uncommon to have bad fins on the water pump and still have enough flow to run the cooling system but not push the coolant thru the heater core. If the heater hoses are not getting hot then you have a flow issue.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So what next.do you recommend changing the water pump? Radiator hoses did get hot but i guess that wouldn't really matter

If both heater hose are not getting hot and you sure you have no air and restrictions in the heater core there really isnt much else. Are you sure the heater hoses are not getting hot?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

bearing noise is actually the ac pump kicking in & out. air definetly out of core, heater hoses still not hot. is there a fuse i can pull to keep ac off? only see a 5 amp that is also with the cluster.

Bill , which engine do you have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

4.6 V8

Bill the fastest way to shut the compressor off is to locate the accumulator on the passenger side firewall and unplug the pressure cycling switch. The compressor will not run with it unplugged.

See the diagram for location.

graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

well I bit the bullet and pulled the w/pump... thats it ,there absolutly no fins left, just little blades. So I sure that's it. i know tomorrow when i finish up. Thanks

Bill,

I suspected this was the case and this WILL fix the problem, the main thing is you nailed it. Thanks for hanging with me. Leave the AC connected. Its amazing it wasnt overheating. Enjoy the heat youe now going to get and thank you as well.

Ron.

Im here tomarrow as well if you hit a snag even after you rate me the questions stays open for you at no extra cost.