geoffsnake, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  15 years motor trade, mot tester, mazda senior tech, ford tech, Nvq level 3

Ford Focus: I have a 2007 Ford Focus. My climate control is

I have a 2007 Ford Focus. My climate control is stuck on heat. I can turn the knob to cool, but not completely. (It gets stuck about 80% of the way to "max cool". Just FYI, I can remove the knob. Any suggestions on how I can fix this myself?

Hello, the fault lies with the cable, the end becomes kinked, and once its kinked it will do it again if you straighten it out, the only cure is to replace it, the cable is around £10 and takes around 20-30 minutes to replace if you know how to do it! It is very fiddly and i would suggest taking it to a garage to get it replaced as if you break any of the plastic lugs that it snaps into then you will have a major and expensive repair.

Hope this helps