mcleodagency
mcleodagency, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  21 years as an ASE Certified Dealership Technician-7 years as an Automotive Instructor-7 Years as a Service Writer and Manager
18599609

2005 Ford Freestyle cranks but doesnt start. Checked inertia

2005 Ford Freestyle cranks but doesn't start. Checked inertia switch, not tripped but no power at inertia switch.

mcleodagency :

Hello and thanks for asking your question!

First check fuse in power distribution box near battery under hood should be. #28 15A mini fuse. Also check F18 10A in passenger compartment fuse panel.

Please do not exit without rating! Rating bad or poor leaves negative feedback and I do not get paid. Please click the reply link if you cannot rate my answer Excellent. Your card will not be charged again. Please rate! Thanks!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok, we checked all the fuses and they're good. Any other suggestions? Car cranks and only starts if primed.

Next>> The fuel pump is not powering up>>>Power to the inertia switch comes from the relay should be in the box under the hood. That relay is energized by the PCM when the PCM's programming tells it to. The only thing that is related to the under dash fuse box in this circuit is fuse F30 which is needed to energize the PCM Power Relay which is necessary for the PCM to boot up and energize the fuel pump relay. Power goes straight from the relay to the inertia switch on the Dark Green/Yellow wire. Nothing except the bulkhead connector C202 in between. Check that wire after it leaves the relay.

Please do not exit without rating! Rating bad or poor leaves negative feedback
and I do not get paid. Please click the reply link if you cannot rate my answer Excellent. Your card will not
be
charged again.
Please rate!
Thanks!

Glad I could help, Thank You for allowing
Just Answer to help with your question.