Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

TAURUS: I HAVE A 2005 FORD TAURUS AND MY WINDOWS WILL NOT WORK.

Customer Question

I HAVE A 2005 FORD TAURUS AND MY WINDOWS WILL NOT WORK. MY BOYFRIEND HAS TRYED EVERYTHING FROM BUYING A NEW DRIVERS WINDOW SWITCH PANAL, FUSES, AND HE HAS EVEN TRYED TO BY PASSING THE CONNECT BY USING THE BATTERY TO SEE IF THEY WORK AND THEY STILL DON'T. HE IS A VERY SMART GUY WHEN IT COMES TO CARS AND CAN DO ANYTHING, BUT THIS WIRING HAS HIM CONFUSSED AND I AM VERY STRESSED OVER THIS. HE DOES HAVE POWER TO THE SWITCH WHITE WIRE WITH BLACK STRIPE. CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT? THANKS BRENDA
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to Justanswer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question.

Have him access the lite blue/black wire at pin 17 of the of the Smart Junction Box and check it for battery power with the connector still plugged into the box. If power is present out of the SJB, service the lite blue/black wire for an open circuit to the switch. The most likely area of an open wire would be between the vehicle body and the driver door where the loom flexes with each opening and closing of the driver's door. Have him pull the boot back and have a look at the harness.If there is no output of power on the LB/BK wire, the SJB will need replacement.

Please note, your Deposit doesn't constitute a payment. Please be
sure to rate OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE/3-5 STARS/SMILEY
FACES to complete transaction or ask for more help by clicking REPLY TO EXPERT.

Positive feedback is always appreciated. Please note that if you have a
subscription service you still need to to rate OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR
EXCELLENT SERVICE/3-5 STARS/SMILEY FACES , however you are not charged again.
Thank you.

Please note the 1 to 2 faces(POOR AND BAD SERVICE) are a
negative rating. Before choosing one of these, please reply first so that I can
further help you. Thank you, Ron.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Ron

I thank you for you answer and will have my boyfriend try to take another look at this tonight after work. as my computer is not working at home I only can use the one at work. I hope this works as I put another $100 into my car yesterday and a month ago he replaced the transmission, starter, waterpump. and money is tight and I'm stressed out!!! I will keep you posted. Brenda

Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.
On [Problem Brenda, The question stays open to you even after you rate me for as long as you need me, simply return to this question and Thank yoyu as well.
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HI RON

MY BOYFRIEND HAS HAD NO TIME TO LOOK AT THE CAR BECAUSE HE IS WORKING VERY LATE. HE IS GOING TO GET TO THIS ON SATURDAY. WE ARE HOPING THIS IS GOING TO WORK.

I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED...THANKS BRENDA

Expert:  Ron replied 2 years ago.
Okay Brenda, if you need me Im here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HI RON

I HAD MY SON IN LAW LOOK AT MY WINDOWS AND HE FOUND A WIRE THAT WAS BAD AND FIXED IT AND NOW I HAVE 3 WINDOWS THAT WORK BUT THE DRIVERS DOOR STILL DOES NOT WORK. HE SAID TO ASK YOU, BUT HE SAID THE MOTOR IN THE DRIVERS DOOR IS BAD AND NEEDS TO BE REPLACE. WHEN I CALLED A PLACE THEY ASK ME IS IF NEED THE REGULATOR.

WHAT EVER THAT IS...LOL DO I NEED THAT ALSO. THANKS

HOPE YOU HAD A WONDERFUL AND SAFE HALLOWEEN! BRENDA

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
If the regulator is okay you should be able to purchase the window motor separately Brenda.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HOW WOULD I KNOW IF THE REGULATOR IS BAD?

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
If it was bad it would show some signs of being broke, its most likely not if the motor is bad.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK I WILL LET HIM KNOW. HE IS NOW WORKING 12 HOUR DAYS ON THE NIGHT SHIFT AND NOT OFF UNTIL TUESDAY AGAIN. WILL KEEP YOU POST. THANKS AGAIN...YOU ARE AMAZING AT YOUR JOB. BRENDA

Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much Brenda, Im here if you need me.