Brian
Brian, Ford Shop Foreman
Experience:  Ford Senior Master certified Tech, 34 years Ford technician.

I have a 2001 Ford Escape where the alarm began going off about

I have a 2001 Ford Escape where the alarm began going off about 2 hours ago after i stopped at the store and open the door. After some period while i was trying to figure out how to stop it it stopped itself. I turned on the car to see if it would activate again. it did not so i turned off the power and opened the door, it went off again. this has been its cycle. When it finally stopped I started the car and drove home nd the alarm went off again. An officer tried to assist me to no avail. I have not had a key fob in over a year, for that period i have just been locking and unlocking the car manualy. I currently have the hood up at home and it has stopped for now but I fear that if I open any door the alarm will sound again. how do I disconnect the alarm so it doesn inadvertanly go off again?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Brian replied 1 year ago.

Brian :

Thanks for coming to Just Answer, if I could get some more information about your Escape, it would help me to better answer your question. Do you know if this is the factory alarm or if your Escape has an aftermarket alarm system, normally the factory alarm honks the horn, an aftermarket has a siren type sound.

Customer:

It is a factory alarm and the horn and lights flash. I have removed the horn fuse, there is only flashing lights whe the door is opened

Brian :

There are too many things tied into the system to disable it, it goes through a module that communicates through other modules, if you were to disconnect any modules, there would be many things that would not work. You can try disconnecting the battery for a while and see if that resets it, if not, you will need to get a remote and try locking and unlocking with that.

Customer:

Greetings Brian,

Customer:

Greetings Brian I find that you are correct, i had tried all the steps to disarm the alarm to no affect and with out touching any major modules or disassembling, even trying have tried the battery connect and disconnect to no avail. I apppreciate you timebecause you validated the steps I had taken were the best and preventing me from listening to my friend who suggested tracing wires searching for the master and disabling. I will call the Ford dealership andd see if i can quickly acquire a remote. Best regards

Brian, Ford Shop Foreman
Experience: Ford Senior Master certified Tech, 34 years Ford technician.