Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector & Ford Diagnostics/Repair
18617752

ford f150: I have a 2002 Ford f150 and I have a code p0358

I have a 2002 Ford f150 and I have a code p0358 and I want to know how should I fix this problem
Welcome! I'm Ron Z! I will do my best to answer all of your questions. Please remember to RATE my answer!

The most common fail item associated with the P0358 is a faulty ignition coil for cylinder #8. Cylinder 8 is the one closest to the windshield, on the driver's side. Carefully inspect the electrical connector and harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. If the visual inspection checks ok, replacing the coil should solve the problem.
graphic
  1. -Disconnect the Coil On Plug (COP) electrical connector. graphic
  2. -Remove the bolt and ignition coil

*** DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE A RATING FOR MY ANSWER! RATING THE ANSWER IS AN IMPORTANT PART OF THE Q&A PROCESS! ***

*PLEASE NOTE: You MUST RATE the help you've received today (OK/3 or higher) so that I receive credit for answering your question! Your rating is very important to the Q&A process! Even if you have a Subscription, you MUST rate! Need more help before you rate? No problem! Use the "Reply" tab to ask follow-up questions! Follow-up questions are FREE even after you rate the answer!

Hi Billy,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
-Ron