Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

Ford Escape: How to find and reset code for radio and door

Customer Question

How to find and reset code for radio and door on 2008 Ford Escape
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I’m Chris. Welcome and thanks for asking your question!

Whom told you there was a code to enter into the radio?

What is wrong with the radio?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It is stuck on one station, can not turn off, change volume, change station, etc.....

Thanks for the update Joe.

You asked about a radio code earlier, North American ford brands do not use radios that require codes, only over seas model fords do and other car manufacturers. Ford radios have always been plug and play. Now the current radios used in Ford vehicles have to programmed to the vehicle at the time of replacement.

In your case, lets first off try a reset. You need to disconnect the negative battery cable. It needs to be off overnight for at least 6 hours. If it works in the morning then great. However if it does not then that means you have a part failure.

Lets now see if we can get any trouble codes from the setup using the self diagnostics, shown below.

I believe in your case the ACM audio control module or the FCIM front controls interface module has an internal circuit board fault.

Sorry about the unfortunate news.

Hello, Chris here again.

I am so glad you decided to come to Just Answer. It has been a few days since I provided an answer, I noticed you either have not viewed it or have not completed the post.

I hope I met all your expectations and asked all the right questions and provided all the right answers. Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with. If needed I can try to clear it up or explain it more in layman's terms if not fully understood. I have access to alot of information, so just ask if there is more I can provide to satisfy you and complete the post.

If you were confused with how to finish the post or what to do to complete it, just reply and let me know. I am only sending this to make sure you got what you needed and are satisfied. My goal is to get excellent feedback from all of my customers.