Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

Taurus SHO: my 99 ford taurus SHO has an oil leak (proof is

my 99 ford taurus SHO has an oil leak (proof is oil on driveway and see oil dripping off oil filter when I crawl under car to look). Have heard there is a silicon seal on the oil cooler, which is located directly above the oil filter, that may fail.

How difficult is it to replace the oil cooler seal, and what are other likely locations where this engine may leak oil?

Current mileage is 111,000. Florida car that runs great and body has no rust.

Also, cruise control does not work. Could this be fuse, or something more involved?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome to Justanswer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX X am here to try and assist your with your question.

If your getting oil dripping off the oil filter in most cases is is the Orings on the oil cooler which is very common and this is not too big of a job and something you can most likely do your self. I have enclosed the factory instruction HERE

As for the cruis you can start by checking the fuse but in most cases it is something more envolved. Start by checking the #6 and the #28 fuses in the interior fuse panel.

Please note, your Deposit doesn't constitute a payment. Please be
sure to rate OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE/3-5 STARS/SMILEY
FACES to complete transaction or ask for more help by clicking REPLY TO EXPERT.

Positive feedback is always appreciated. Please note that if you have a
subscription service you still need to to rate OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR
EXCELLENT SERVICE/3-5 STARS/SMILEY FACES , however you are not charged again.
Thank you.

Please note the 1 to 2 faces(POOR AND BAD SERVICE) are a
negative rating. Before choosing one of these, please reply first so that I can
further help you. Thank you, Ron.
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs