proautotech, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  College Training. Current Lead Tech

Ford Explorer: Just had a wrench light come on in a 2007 Ford

Just had a wrench light come on in a 2007 Ford Explorer. The car jerked a little bit right before it came one. After it was turned off the light didn't come back on and there are no codes stored in the system when check by a local auto parts store. Any idea what it could be or any suggestions?
Thanks for trusting us with your problem. I have trained in the automotive field and currently work as a shop foreman. I will be helping you today.

The wrench lamp probably is seeing a fault in a O2 sensor. The vehicle turns the wrench light on when there is a powertrain malfunction. Many times it can be a issue with the electronic throttle assembly.

I would not worry about it now. If the issue happens again try to get the code pulled when the lamp is still on so we can verify the throttle assembly or an O2 sensor. But both of these can set a intermittent lamp when out of the range.