Shawn E
Shawn E, Ford Senior Master
Experience:  23 Years with Ford, 12 Year Ford Senior Master, ASE Master.

My 2001 Ford Expedition is having problems starting in the

Customer Question

My 2001 Ford Expedition is having problems starting in the morning. The fuel pump pressure is holding at 40lbs both with the key on and off. What could be causing the vehicle not to start? Once started during the day the vehicle seems to run fine.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Shawn E replied 4 years ago.
Hi, thank you for asking your question today. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

Have you tried to pull any fault codes?

If you have are there any fault codes?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I took to Advance Auto Parts to have it scanned for fault codes. There are no fault codes.

Expert:  Shawn E replied 4 years ago.
Hi, welcome to my name is Shawn and I will be answering your question.

With no codes and the fuel pressure being good the next logical part to replace would be that IAC (Idle air control valve.) if you are experiencing a crank no start condition.

I hope my assistance helped you and resolved your concern, if you need further assistance please ask.

Positive feedback and Bonuses are appreciated. Thank you, Shawn.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

One thing that I forgot to mention was this. The needle on the fuel pressure guage goes up slowly when I turn the ignition on. Could this also be the Fuel Pressure Regulator?

Expert:  Shawn E replied 4 years ago.
That would be caused by a fuel sender but if fuel pressure is good then that is not the cause of your concern.