Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

I keep getting error code "P0088 Fuel Rail/System Pressure Too High". At the sam

I keep getting error code "P0088 Fuel Rail/System Pressure Too High". At the same time it deactivates my cruise control, which won't work again until I shut the vehicle off and let it set 5-10 seconds before restarting & clearing the code. I can then go 10-12 miles before the code returns & I lose my cruise again
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX the P0088 code, this is caused by a bad high pressure fuel pump, there is a technical service bulletin for this, is the P0088 the only code it has?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Also getting

P1000 OBD-II Monitor Testing Incomplete
then you have a bad High pressure pump, ford has a new part number for it, how many miles do you have on this? They are warranteed to 100k,Tim
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
146k miles but I bought the extended warranty at 97k. Will I be covered, or am I on my own, and if so, what's a ballpark figure?
if you bought the extended warranty it should be covered, if not the pump is about 1000 dollars, and about the same for labor, the labor time is 10.7 hours,, but if the warrany was purchased through Ford, it should be covered,Tim

Do you need more help with this, if so, just ask, if not, then please dont forget to rate me, so i can get paid,Tim