chris
chris, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master -Ford senior master-20 years experience
9504203

Ford F150 Pickup 4x4: 09 Ford F150 AC and heater does not work.

Customer Question

09 Ford F150 AC and heater does not work. All fuses are good and relays work properly. The indash climate control screen shows no issues and looks normal. When I turn on the climate I hear a weak humm comming from the vents and then nothing. The heated and Ac seats seem to be working properly.
Category: Ford
Expert:  chris replied 2 years ago.

Hi there

-

It sounds like there is no air flow out any vents when you use the a/c or heat ,, if this is the case , then you may have a bad blower motor ,, the blower motor is located under the passengers side or the dash ,

-

sometimes if you start the truck up and put i on high blower , and you bang on the blower motor , it will start to work , give it a try

-

if this does not work , then you will have to use a test lamp or volt meter to test the conector to the blower motor ,, to do this start the truck up , and put the a/c on high speed ,, then unplug the blower motor and put our test lamp or volt meter across the two wires on the conector that went to the blower motor ,, if your test lamp lights up , or if your volt meter shows 12 volts,, then your blower motor is getting power and ground and the motor is bad

-

graphic

any more info , just ask , we can go back and forth on this page

Chris

chris, Ford Mechanic
Experience: ASE Master -Ford senior master-20 years experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok I have replaced the motor, because my initial voltmeter test showed a 12. After I replaced the motor I still got nothing on the blower. I checked the connector again with the voltmeter and now im getting 12 to 3 and it varies each time I try it.I have gone tru and double checked all of the fuses and swapped fuses to make sure. What else can I do and or check to get this working?
Expert:  chris replied 2 years ago.

Give this a try ,, disconect the battery for 5 min and then reconnect it,,, then see if the blower motor works,, if you have EATC , electric display a/c controls , they may be locked up , and by doing the battery thing , it will reboot the system

Chris