Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

Ford f 150: check engine light stays on and sometimes flashes

Customer Question

check engine light stays on and sometimes flashes and the ford f150 2006 runs very rough at times kind if hesitates when the gas is appplied it kind of struggle before it can manage to get going also I can smell fuel at times
Category: Ford
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is Dan and I'm here to help get your problem resolved. Do you know what diagnostic codes your getting? thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Expert:  Dan replied 4 years ago.
You can have codes checked for free at your local parts store. If its just a misfire code this usually means you have a bad coil. For example, if it says cylinder 3 is misfiring swap that coil with another cylinder to see if misfire moves if so replace coil. If a different code comes up you can reply to this answer at any time without additional fee's so just reply as you are now. The coil costs about $100 and takes about 20 minutes to replace but make sure you verify misfire moves with coil before just replacing parts. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help, thanks.