Chris (aka- Moose), Ford Technician
Experience:  16 years experience with Ford.
2499435

Remove Captains Chair 1999 Ford Econoline van

How do I Remove Middle Row Captain's Chair in a 1999 Ford Econoline conversion van? I can get the chair tilted back but am not sure how to remove it.
Submitted: 2 years ago via HelpOwl.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I’m Chris. Welcome and thanks for asking your question!

Below are 2 Ford images showing how to unlock the seat from the floor as well as install it. The images will help. You need to pull the seat to the side of the vehicle to allow removal, not tilt forward or rear ward on the captains chair setup.

graphicgraphic

.

.

Thanks for asking your question. My goal is to help you lower your

repair bill or assist you in completing the repair or at least inform

you of the repair needed prior to getting it fixed.

You are about to see our rating system. You are charged regardless

if you rate or not, so please do not just read the answer and log off.

Rating is required to complete the transaction. No rating means I am

not compensated. I am only paid from your deposit once you rate OK

or GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE.

Please if you need to follow up, only press REPLY TO EXPERT so I

can continue to help you and prevent a negative rating on my record.

You can also reply after rating if needed and so can I if we need to

continue working on the concern. If you want to reply and leave verbal

feedback, it is more than appreciated.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Moose. The diagram you sent wasn't the same base as on my van. There are two bars at the front of the seat. The top one allows the seat to slide forward and backwards. The bottom one tilts the seat off of the front of the base and allows the back of the chair to touch the ground. I have some pics if that would help. Thx. Bill

Pictures would help.

I used a 1999 E150, is that what you have?

Are you trying to remove the seat from the base or remove the seat and base from the floor?

I wonder if you do not have Ford seats in the van, and they have been converted, see below what I am responding off of.

graphic

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I got it out. Not sure if they're Ford seats or not. I pulled up on lower bar to tilt seat all the way back. Then I pushed down all the way on the top bar ( you do the opposite to slide the seat up and back). That loosened it up and I was able to pull it out. Thx for the effort.
Glad you got it resolved. Yes those are not Ford seats.
Chris (aka- Moose), Ford Technician
Experience: 16 years experience with Ford.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My van doesn't have the same base as the diagram you sent me. I have a pic. Anyway I could send it to you? Thx. Bill

I thought you already got the seat out?

You can send a picture if you would like to anyways though!