Richard, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford Lincoln/Mercury and Jaguar dealer as a technician and shop foreman.

I have firing order, but need 95 Ford Ranger V6 3.0L coil pack

I have firing order, but need 95 Ford Ranger V6 3.0L coil pack diagram

Hello and welcome to

You should see the numbers on the coil pack but here is an illustration.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

1. My coil pack is situated 3x3 from front-to-back i.e.rotated 90 degrees from this illustrtion

2. It's been replaced and has no labeling

3. I assume that I just match coil pack# XXXXX #engine plug number, right?

Ok aftermarket coil packs may not be numbered. The tricky part is cylinder 6 is in the middle. If the wires on still on the plugs just trace them back and mark each coil.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My buddy and I replaced plugs and it looks like I have the right order with the plugs (cylinder 6 is my middle drvr side coil), but my engine is idling and even driving much more rough than it did before I changed them. I'm aso getting my check eng light blinking (egine misfiring cue)?
Ok it sounds like we have a crossed wire. We need to trace the wires back to the coils. We could also read the fault codes to see what cylinders are missing.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I tripled checked and the order is good. Could it be something as simple as the spacing/gappingon my plugs?
What parts did you replace? Did you have this problem prior to replacing these parts?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I had some noticeable rough idling so I replaced the plugs. Now it's extremely noticeable/rough and the check eng light's blinking (wasn't before).
Ok lets make sure the wires are properly seated onto each plug. Also remove the wire to make sure the plug is not cracked and you do not hear any clicking or arcing.