Marty
Marty, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Certified. 20 years experience. Certified training in: driveability, electronics, etc.
50706092

Ford Explorer Sport Trac Limited: Keyless entry code for 2007

Keyless entry code for 2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac doesnt light up. Obtained code from Ford dealership. Still doesn't work. Dealer suggest they remove the driver inside door panel to access the remote entry mechanism-to solve the problem-a 2 hour job. Is this the onlysolution?

rpmdiag :

Hello again how can I help you? Ron

Customer:

Hi, I can't see any answer to my question regarding the keyless entry for my 2007 ford explorer. It doesn't light up, I have the valid code from Ford dealer. they now suggest they remove the insid panel door on the driver side to find out what is wrong-is there another option?

Allow me to help in diagnosing your vehicle! If I helped make sure to hit ACCEPT button so as I can get credited.

There is no fuse for this system it gets power from the smart juncyion box. The most common concern for this is the keypad faulty. Otherwise there is a in depth procedure for pinpoint testing this concern. I can link it to you if you would like to attempt it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I don't know if the keypad is faulty-it doesn't light up. If you think the link will help diagnose the source of the problem please link it to me.

Does the keypad unlock the doors when you punch the key code in? There is no bulbs in the keypad it is a LED system that is non replaceable. Follow pinpoint test "I"
link

Marty, Ford Technician
Experience: Ford Senior Certified. 20 years experience. Certified training in: driveability, electronics, etc.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the technical bulletin via the link. I'll have to take it to a mechanic to attempt the fix. I don't understand the technical jargon.
Your welcome. Thank You and Good luck!