rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

air conditioner flow changes during acceleration on 2010 ford

air conditioner flow changes during acceleration on 2010 ford explorer sport. Air flow changes to defrost vents when accelaration occurs, then returns to panel when car de-accelerates

rpmdiag :

Thanks for your question. Sorry you're having car problems. If I go off line, just leave a message and I'll be right back. DO NOT leave feedback yet. You either have a vacuum leak at the vacuum motor, or the blend door inside the heater box is not working right. See attachment too. Thanks, Ron

Attachment: 2012-06-30_174012_service_and_repair.pdf

Full Size Image

rpmdiag :

Please click on the appropriate “positive button” to Rate My Answer AFTER you have followed OR agreed with my suggestions. If you have more questions, then click on the “CONTINUE CONVERSATION” button PRIOR to rating me. Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either "Helped a little" or "I expected more", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION. If you click on either of those two buttons, you will be leaving NEGATIVE FEEDBACK for me that hurts my reputation.

Please note: not every answer I give you is something you were hoping to hear, even though it is true, such as; (it’s more expensive than you wanted to spend, or you will need to have a professional repair shop do the diagnostics and /or repairs due to complexity reasons).

Customer:
rpmdiag :

Your response did not come through, please resend it. Thanks, Ron

I switched us to Q & A because I saw you were off line. Thanks, Ron
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
how much would that cost to repair at a ford dealer??
It really depends on what they find wrong, but the worse case scenario would be about $400.00. Ron
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
could it still be under warranty since the vehicle has only 14,000 miles on it.
That's a good possibility and worth checking out with your dealer. Thanks again, Ron