Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ford E-350 Econoline: Tioga RV ford 1991 460cc ecnoline 350

Tioga RV ford 1991 460cc ecnoline 350 engine troubles; stalls when hot driving along fine at 75MPH, then just like turning off the key loses power down to 0, then stalls. Wait 5-10 minutes, maybe more if really hot, and will fire back up and go for a while, then do the same thing over again. Does not have any issues like this when it is colder out like in January - drove 800 miles w/o stalling. Have already replaced ignition module. Fuel pump? Something is getting hot and shutting down.
Hello and Welcome to Justanswer, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to try and assist your with your question.

Unfortunately the problem you are describing is a very common on the 1991 460 and its is in most cases caused by a failing fuel pump (in tank) and this usually always happens in warm weather. When the pump begins to fail, it will over heat and this causes the fuel to foam and the engine will stall. Often times, once its had a chance to cool down it will start and run again. The place to start to be sure, is to install a fuel pressure gauge to the fuel rail service port and monitor fuel pressure while the problem is occurring. You need to see 32 to 45 PSI, anything less means you need a new pump.

Please note, your Deposit doesn't constitute a payment. Please be
sure to rate OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE/3-5 STARS/SMILEY
FACES to complete transaction or ask for more help by clicking REPLY TO EXPERT.

Positive feedback is always appreciated. Please note that if you have a
subscription service you still need to to rate OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR
EXCELLENT SERVICE/3-5 STARS/SMILEY FACES , however you are not charged again.
Thank you.

Please note the 1 to 2 faces(POOR AND BAD SERVICE) are a
negative rating. Before choosing one of these, please reply first so that I can
further help you.

Thank you,